Friday, June 28, 2013

~ Bon Appetit! Brownies - French Farmhouse Kitchen & White Kitchens


When I first saw the cover of the latest Bon Appetit magazine, all I wanted was a brownie! As much as I love chocolate chip cookies, brownies sometimes are even higher on the food chain of desire.


As usual this recipe had a bit too much saturated fat for the way I like to cook and eat. I want to enjoy my food without worrying about clogging my arteries. No I didn't think about that sort of thing when I was twenty.

I'm busy working on the kitchen. Not the biggest makeover I've ever done, but lots of things on the to do list nonetheless. As usual one thing keeps leading to another. Hope you enjoy this post with a wonderful and unique French Farmhouse Kitchen featured in Bon Appetit.


The the first kitchen posted here, which is in the same issue as that brownie, stole my heart. So I had to take a closer look. Is it the stove? The cabinets? The sink? How about this antique table? Um, maybe. The yellow isn't my color, but I love the floor and the wood cabinets with white.

The white kitchen above also appeared in Bon Appetit, last year. This time it is easy to know exactly why I love it. The white is fresh and clean looking with the dark stained chairs and floors.

And the same for the Christopher Peacock kitchen below. I don't think I could find a kitchen designed by that man that I would not love.


The most interesting thing to me about the French inspired kitchen in the first picture, is that I'm not in love with all of the individual things in the kitchen, and yet..... I love the space. I feel very at home looking at this space. The sum of the parts in this kitchen, designed by my favorite kitchen designer, Mick de Giulio, is much greater than the parts, for me anyway. I guess I just need to study this one for a little while, as I munch on some brownies of course. It just might be the antique island that calls out to me the most.

....................................

When I first wrote this post I was experimenting with different recipes of gluten-free brownies. There are lots of good recipes that you can find on line. It turned out to be a fairly easy one to come up with. The chocolate hides any unusual taste from the gluten free flours. My favorite is to use ground almonds with a small amount of brown rice flour. Yum!



See Y'All Soon~

  ................................................................................
Click on the pictures below to visit The Decorated House Shop!


5 comments:

  1. Donna! What a gorgeous white kitchen, and the brownies! YUMMY!
    I make organic ones that are pretty good, but the rich decadent ones that are super naughty are so much better...SIGH, being healthy has it's draw backs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful kitchens. I LOVE that first one! I am not much of a brownie eater but BOY~ Do those LOOK GOOD! Have a great day- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful kitchens and decadent brownies! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to enjoy a brownie in that kitchen!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. That first kitchen steals my heart too! I think it's a combination of everything, it is just so warm, inviting and friendly, I can really imagine baking wonderful treats for my family in there!
    Pandora from Home and Decor

    ReplyDelete

Everyone loves comments! Thanks for stopping by and for taking a moment to leave a little note. (Comment moderation maybe be on at this time. Simply leave your note, and it will be published shortly.)
Donna